Brazilian Curly Hair can be a challenging texture to wear if you have always worn straight hair extensions. If you have had relaxed hair for a few years and have forgotten the many challenges of natural hair, kinky curly would be a great way to bring you into the world of highly textured Hair and help you make the decision of whether to transition to natural hair.
This is how you go about styling and preserving kinky curls without having to re-wet the hair every morning:
1. Your hair should already have been braided down to blend with the kinky curly texture as per this method.
2. Separate a section of hair near your nape and spray liberally with water until drenched. Using a gel or heavy curl styling cream rake and smooth through the curls using just your fingers. Run your fingers down each curl twirling as you go so you can get perfectly defined and separated curls.
3. Repeat this with the rest of your weave until you get to the crown. When you get close to where your leave out is, avoid using too much gel. You actually want this section of Hair to get a little big and frizzy so that it blends better with your leave out.
4. Allow the hair to air dry or blow dry using a diffuser attachment. Do not touch the hair while it is drying to avoid any additional or unnecessary frizz. Release your leave out hair to blend in with the extensions and that will be your look for the day.
5. In the evening, you will want to ‘pineapple’ your hair. This is simply using a hair elastic band to tie your hair up at the very top of your head to form a ‘pineapple’. You don’t want to tie the hair elastic too tight to avoid leaving a dent in your hair, in fact, just wrapping the band around the hair without doubling over will be enough to secure it for the night. Sleep on a satin covered pillowcase.
6. In the morning release the ‘pineapple’ and fluff your hair with your fingers to style. The style should still be wonderfully big and voluminous at the front and less so at the back for the perfect balance. As the week goes on you can choose to re-wet the hair where the curls need plumping back up.