Hair extensions are convenient and can enhance a person's appearance by giving them the ability to create the Brazilian Hair, style, color and texture of their preference. Heating fixed hair extensions is a plus because it keeps the heat off of the Body Wave Weave hair, thus minimizing damage. However, heating fixed hair extensions can cause damage to the hair extensions if not heated with caution. Proper maintenance for the Loose Deep Wave hair extensions must be done before heating to preserve the extension's appearance and longevity.
1. Make sure fixed hair extensions are clean before applying heat. Wash fixed hair extensions with shampoo thoroughly to remove oils, dirt and bacteria that can keep the hair from taking to any heat and styling. Comb the extensions with a wide-tooth comb when wet to detangle before blow drying.
2. When conditioning human hair extensions, let conditioner set for 15 to 30 minutes under a heated dryer to allow oils to penetrate your natural hair. Natural hair can be susceptible to dryness and breakage if it is not washed and conditioned on a daily basis.
3. When dry, part the Brazilian Hair in sections. Brush hair with a Denman brush before applying any heat.
4. Part the hair extensions off into sections. Parting the hair can make it easier to curl or straighten every strand without missing any sections.
5. Maintain a low to medium setting on heated curling irons or flat irons. Heat only human hair extensions because its fibers can tolerate a higher heat setting. Do not heat synthetic fixed hair extensions because they are resistant to heat.Use caution when blow-drying and curling fixed hair extensions. Burning the extensions can cause permanent damage. If hair extensions are burned, they will need to be replaced.